Last week, I was very flattered when StyledWithJoy nominated me for the Blog Tour Award! This is a fairly different set of questions from what we normally see from fun blog awards, so I was quite excited to have a chance to do it.
But, I’m not going to pretend I’m the most organized blogger on Earth, so I’ll admit that I forgot about the Monday deadline for doing this Award until I got the notice that fellow nominee StashMatters just posted hers. 😀 And no one wants to incur Joy’s wrath, so here goes!
Blog Tour Award Rules:
- Pass the tour on up to four other bloggers.
- Give your nominees the rules and a specific Monday to post (please post your story on Monday, June 1, 2015).
- Answer four questions about your creative process which lets other bloggers and visitors know what inspires you to do what you do.
- How does my work differ from others in my genre?
- My blog is mainly a place for me to review nail polishes from my fairly large collection, post swatches, be a little silly, and generally have some fun! I suppose one difference from other nail polish blogs is that since I’ve been collecting for a long time, relatively speaking, I do have some older, discontinued polishes swatched (you can Google for them and see a whole bunch I posted to PhotoBucket back in the day). One of my current goals is to reswatch as many of my older polishes as I can!
- How does my writing/creative process work?
- I don’t have a process other than I write my blog posts quickly, very stream-of-consciousness, hit “Publish”, then go ACK! and update a couple of times to fix errors. Luckily (and I don’t mean to brag) I am a reasonably good speller and careful typist, so it’s usually just the odd grammatical, typographical, or coding mishap. Also, I handwrite my blog posts’ HTML/CSS, because I’m used to it and I’m a little bit anal that way. WYSIWYG is not for me!
- Why do I write or create what I do?
- I used to write a fair bit (mostly short stories and poetry, back in my teen years), but since becoming an adult—hahahaha—responsible life has gotten in the way. In my working life, I mostly write in code, and I feel like this blog has allowed me to bust out from that a bit, and it feels very good to do so.
- What I’m working on at the moment?
- My Nail Polish Library & Organizer. I am really aiming to get the beta testing ready to go this summer! Oh, and the Throwback Thursdays swatches, too! (Any requests? I just might have it!)
I am nominating the following bloggers for the next round: