I recently got nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award by two amazing bloggers, StashMatters and Glam With Sam! Please go check out their excellent beauty blogs! Many thanks to both you guys 🙂
Questions from Stashmatters
1. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
As a high school graduation gift, my parents took my whole family on a trip to NYC and we saw a performance of Hamlet with Ralph Fiennes. I had a major schoolgirl crush on him, so that was really thoughtful of my parents—especially since they ribbed me about it to no end! They’ve always been more “happy birthday, here’s a book and a sweater” sort of gifters. (I don’t have the crush anymore, by the way. I mean, he’s Voldemort and Hades. Though I guess he was a Nazi and a quiz show cheater back then.)
2. Who has been your biggest role model?
I don’t think I can say any one person. I feel that I pick and choose the best aspects of different people and aspire to those characteristics for myself.
3. What’s the ringtone on your phone?
I use the most mundane ringtone (usually one that sounds like an actual landline phone) since this generally makes it stand out from everyone else’s ringtone.
4. Have you kept in touch with any of your childhood friends?
We moved around a lot, so no. Plus, I’m not great at keeping in touch with people. My oldest friend is from university and I’m very proud of keeping that one intact!
5. What are your favourite burger toppings?
Cheese (Kraft Single or Roquefort, I really don’t care). A little ketchup and mayo, lettuce and tomato. Mustard only if there is good stuff available (i.e., not French’s). Oh, if there’s bacon, yes please.
6. How many days until your birthday?
178. I used this.
7. Vampires or werewolves?
Vampires. Gary Oldman, y’all. And Wesley Snipes, but I guess he was only half. However, I did like Michael Sheen as a lycan in that Underworld movie without Kate Beckinsale. And Michael J. Fox in Teen Wolf. And James Spader and Michelle Pfeiffer in Wolf. And Russell Tovey in Being Human…. Crap, maybe I like werewolves better.
8. How many pairs of sandals do you own?
9. Have you ever flown a kite?
Yes, but not since childhood. Also, in school we had to make a kite. I got over ambitious and tried to make a box kite. It looked good but never got off the ground.
10. What is your signature perfume/scent?
Don’t really have one, though I love rose scents. I have been wearing Givenchy Eaudemoiselle a lot, because it’s so easy to wear and generally inoffensive. I’d wear Bvlgari Au Thè Rouge more, but people seem to find it weird, and it’s discontinued so I am kind of hoarding it, too.
Questions from Glam With Sam
1. If you could travel back in time which era would you choose?
I’d check out ancient China during a golden age (Tang Dynasty, 800 or so). I don’t think I’d want to be an East Asian person wandering around in Renaissance Europe or Mexico during the Mayan civilization, as fascinating as they’d be.
2. Who is your beauty icon?
Gwen Stefani, Lucy Liu.
3. Favorite lipstick color to rock?
4. Name one beauty essential you cannot live without?
5. Do you have any phobias?
Nothing serious, but I really don’t like moths, or strangers touching me.
6. Do you believe in superstitions?
I’m not superstitious.
7. What was the last makeup item you purchased?
Ordered some Korean stuff online: Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream, The Face Shop Cleansing Oil, Holika Holika eyeliner. I have only recently started dipping my toes into the whole Korean makeup craze. I like the Missha M Signature BB Cream I am using now, so I thought I’d try a few more things.
8. Favorite Mascara?
CoverGirl Professional and Maybelline Full & Soft, both waterproof. The latter is discontinued in Canada. 😦
9. Favorite blush, bronzer, or highlighter?
10. Besides blogging, what do you enjoy doing on your spare time?
I am a big movie/tv buff! Haven’t watched as much lately as I would have liked, but I am super excited for the Hannibal Season 3 premiere this Thursday.
- Is your fingernail length short, medium, or long?
- What’s your favorite nail polish?
- Name a product you love that got discontinued.
- What kind of accessories do you like to wear?
- What color is your wallet?
- Heels or flats?
- Who is your favorite fictional character?
- What did you have for breakfast?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- What’s on your wishlist?
Thanks for reading and have a great week, everybody!