This weekend (Saturday and Sunday, July 11–12), Shoppers Drug Mart is going back to its usual Spend Your Points Event.
I took advantage of the last one they had which gave you the regular cash redemption but also 30,000 points added back to your account. This time around, it’s the standard Spend Your Points offer.
This weekend, Canadians can redeem their Shoppers Optimum Points for the following dollar amounts:
- Redeem 50,000 points for $100 off (normally $85 off)
- Redeem 95,000 points for $200 off (normally $170 off)
You do NOT have to print out a coupon, or load it to your card via the website or the mobile app, for this event. But I recommend that you get the new mobile app, because you will receive offers and coupons tailored to your previous purchases.
The points can be spent on most products at Shoppers Drug Mart, including prestige beauty items!
There is a brand finder on their website (it’s how I scouted out the locations near me that carry Urban Decay).
These are many of the items I have gotten for free using my Optimum Points:
- Chanel Eau de parfum in Coco Noir, 50 mL ($114)
- Chanel Glossimer in Bliss ($34)
- Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colours in Expression, Lavanda, & Vibrato ($31 ea.)
- Narciso Rodriguez Eau de parfum in Narciso, 50 mL ($106)
- Nuxe Crème Fraîche de Beauté 24Hr Soothing & Moisturizing Rich Cream, 50 mL ($42)
- Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Usage Dry Oil, 100 mL, Limited Edition black bottle ($45)
- Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Fig ($23)
- Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Mandarin ($23)
- Urban Decay Naked Palette ($64)
All that just from buying basic groceries, household stuff, and diapers there! (OK, OK, some makeup, too.) If you get a good SA (most of them, really!) in the prestige cosmetics department, you’re likely to get a sample or two, as well!
Remember to use the calculator on your phone to tally up the cost before you check out. It’s pretty annoying to go over the amount you needed. 🙂
Happy Points Redeeming!