Christy at Glam Necessities has very thoughtfully nominated me for two blog awards, the Beauty Blogger Award and the Dragon’s Loyalty Award. Her blog is too fun and full of beauty and style tips, so please go check it out! Thanks so much for the nominations, Christy!
Rules for the Beauty Blogger Award
- State the name of the blogger who nominated you
- Make up 15 fashion or beauty questions for your nominees to answer
- Answer the 15 questions you were given
- Nominate 15 people for the award
- List 10 random facts about you
- The people you nominate have to have less than 200 followers
- Let the people you nominated know they were nominated
1) Tell me your all time favorite blush, brand & shade?
The most dummy-proof blush I have is MAC Buff. I love things that are easy-to-wear! Also a fave but less dummy-proof: Illamasqua Lover.
2) What’s your perfect transition shade in terms of eye shadow, brand & shade?
3) What is your current go to handbag/tote/crossbody? (share a pic if you want)
I can’t say enough about this Fossil bag that I got on sale last year. (I also see it occasionally at Winners (TJ Maxx/Marshalls)…was so tempted to pick up the fuchsia!) It’s super comfortable and versatile since it can be handheld, worn on the shoulder, and worn crossbody, and the leather is soft and pretty, like Linea Pelle-lite. The adjustable shoulder strap is a godsend for petites like me. It’s not especially heavy like some of my other leather bags are. And it’s mint green!
4) Do you have a pair of favorite sandals/wedges?
I just got these! I preferred the beige and the red, but black was the only color left in my size. I’ve been needing some new shoes for summer, so I hope these will carry me through some dressier moments.
5) What’s your favorite fragrance/perfume for summer?
I have a few, as I am a perfume rotator, but one lemony fave is:
6) What eye shadow palette are you currently reaching for the most?
I have a lot of new palettes to try, but I’m still stuck on this one:
7) Do you have a favorite brow product?
8) What nail polish are your toes currently rocking?
9) What’s your favorite hairstyle for summer?
I like a messy bun or a half-pony.
10) What lipstick are you itching to rock this summer, brand & shade?
I am really lemming one of the new YSL Rouge Pur Couture Mats, maybe Rose Perfecto. NARS Audrey has been on my wishlist for a while, too.
11) Gimme a description of your perfect summer night outfit.
Skinny jeans, colorful heels, drapey top.
12) How do you apply your foundation, beautyblender, foundation brush? Name a specific brand & brush.
I usually just use my fingertips for my liquid foundation, but I really like the beautyblender, too.
13) What tool do you use to curl/wave your hair?
14) Do you have a favorite song for when you are doing your makeup or getting ready?
Not really. I’m not great at listening to music while I’m doing other stuff. I just end up tuning out the music. I can’t listen to audiobooks for the same reason, LOL! “I’m Coming Out” by Diana Ross would be a good one, though, right? 🙂
15) What clothing item did you last purchase?
The wedges I posted for question #4!
Rules for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award
- Display the award certificate on your website
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself
10 Facts About Me (combined with facts for the Beauty Blogger Award)
- My favorite dragons are: Puff, the Magic Dragon, Elliott from Pete’s Dragon, and my husband! Honorable mentions to Daenerys’ babies in Game of Thrones.
- I have never walked out on a movie in the cinema, although I wish I’d walked out on that last Wolverine movie.
- We recently got Netflix and are currently watching Daredevil (surprisingly good, and Rosario Dawson showed up! I love her), Marco Polo (meh, with a side of mediocre action sequences), The Mindy Project, and TURN (just seen one ep, but it’s interesting enough…gotta love a spy story!).
- Some of my favorite shows available on Netflix Canada that are maybe a bit under the radar, at least in North America, are The Ambassadors, Luther (Idris Elba can do no wrong, and Ruth Wilson from The Affair is a fantastic psychopath in S1), Misfits (love the first three series—Iwan Rheon, Game of Thrones‘s Ramsay Snow, is great in a completely different role here, although Robert Sheehan and Lauren Socha steal the show), North & South (with Richard Armitage, not at all dwarf-like), and Ripper Street (with Jerome Flynn, Bronn on Game of Thrones).
- The only school-assigned book I didn’t read was The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Wow, was it boring. I mean, I slogged through The Last of the Mohicans, but this was just too much. I didn’t even have the benefit of renting the movie that came out later, with Demi Moore and Gary Oldman. This was all pre-Wikipedia, so you either watched the VHS or went with Cliffs/Coles Notes!
- Several years ago, I managed to stub both of my pinky toes really badly within a couple of months of each other. Both toes started started to grow two nails, one on top of the other. Let me tell you, it was super annoying to clip them. It took years to grow them out, and while they’re both back to just one nail per toe now, the nails are thicker than normal and are kinda weird. 😦 Don’t stub your toes!!!
- My brothers and I shared three goldfish when we were little (this is before we knew that you aren’t supposed to keep the poor things in small, unfiltered bowls! SAD) and we named them after the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Nobody named theirs Leonardo.
- My most-used cookbook is The Best Recipe by Cook’s Illustrated. Every recipe I’ve tried is at least solid, and they make it really easy for you to understand how to tweak a recipe to get the result the way you want it.
- I love cheese of all kinds, but I prefer them unfettered by smoke, or random fruit, nuts, and wine. No thank you to smoked Gouda and Wensleydale embedded with cranberries.
- I have the opposite of a green thumb. Once, I almost killed a cactus.
- There are 15 bottles of nail polish on my desk at the moment, plus a base coat, a top coat, and a cuticle gel.
Since this post has gotten quite long, I’ll pass on the same fun 15 questions (don’t forget the 10 fun facts!) from Glam Necessities to the following blogs. You guys are all nominated for the Beauty Blogger Award & Dragon’s Loyalty Award! No worries if you’ve already done this, etc.
- As Told By Katie G.
- Baroquen Nails
- A Brash Attitude
- Chubby Chic’s Diary
- Cosmetic Chaos
- Dark Charm
- Derpy Pink
- A Figure Eight
- Glamour Vortex
- Nerdy Librarian Girl
- Love Beyond Belief
- Post Teen Girl
- The Rare Ruby
- A Tale of Poo & Kan
Thanks again to Glam Necessities and, as always, thank you for reading!