Glamour Vortex recently nominated me for another Real Neat Blog Award, and I am more than happy to oblige by answering her questions today! Her blog has such vintage flair and sophistication—you must go check it out if you haven’t already.
Real Neat Blog Award Rules
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the person who nominated you, linking to their blog.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
Glamour Vortex’s Questions
1. Where’s your favourite place to travel, or a place you want to go?
My favorite places I’ve visited on vacation are Italy and Malaysia (both almost solely for the food! Hahahaha). Copenhagen and Stockholm were really chill but I didn’t get to spend that much time in both places, so I’d enjoy re-visiting them. I’d love to visit Egypt and Moscow, but they both seem a little dangerous for the time being. Realistically, Istanbul and Iceland would be my next choices!
2. Last book you read?
The Silence of the Lambs, by Thomas Harris. I have had it sitting in my Kindle for ages (bought it when it was one of those $1.99 deals on Amazon), and finally read it now that Hannibal S3 has started. It’s a pretty good beach read, though surprisingly I don’t like it as much as the movie or the TV show…I usually like books better than their subsequent filmed versions. Admittedly, it was hard to unsee Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins in the lead roles, and my mind also cast the TV show’s Laurence Fishburne as Jack Crawford and Raúl Esparza as Dr. Chilton.
3. Which do you prefer: a new and good skincare product, or a new and good colour cosmetic product?
Head says skincare; heart says cosmetic! All right, let’s be sensible and go with skincare.
4. Where do you keep your bookshelf?
Right behind my desk. It’s mostly cookbooks and children’s books (neither of which I can stand to have in electronic form), books I bought pre-Kindle, photo albums, and a load of books given to me by my parents when they moved and decided they needed to downsize their library.
5. When was the last family night you had?
Every night is family night! It’s just me, DH, and the little peanut. We went out for sushi last night (the peanut had yams, avocado, rice, and fried eel…no raw fish just yet!).
6. Favourite colour of lipstick?
7. And finally, how was your day?
It’s only 9 AM right now, but it’s looking all right! I hope to get a lot of work done today, peanut permitting.
- …nail polish color you’ll never wear!
- …item of clothing you’ve never worn but kind of want to try.
- …food that you love that most people can’t stand.
- …of your favorite albums.
- …guilty pleasure.
- …thing you do to relax.
- …store for which you’d love to win a $5,000 shopping spree!
- Being Kindra
- Just a Wee Cup of Tea
- Kindest Journey
- Love Sprinkles
- Sophie Does Nails
- Talking About Beauty
Thanks again to Glamour Vortex and thanks to you all for reading!