Last month, I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by one of my favorite bloggers, Katie at Plus+ Beauty. I am really flattered—thank you, Katie!
Blogger Recognition Award Rules
- Write a post explaining why you started blogging along with a few tips.
- Nominate some of your fellow bloggers.
- Comment on their blogs to let them know you’ve nominated them.
I actually started my blog back in 2008, but let’s be honest—I was pretty half-assed about it! I always think back now and regret that I hadn’t put more effort into it, but I guess life gets in the way sometimes. I’m now at a stage in my life where, despite the fact that I’m definitely busier than I was several years ago, I now have the drive to get my blog posts out on a regular basis, and I’m enjoying it tremendously. It’s so much fun to interact with other bloggers and gab about the things that we are passionate about. There’s also so much pleasure to be taken from accomplishing something every day, even if it’s just something as simple as publishing a little blog post.
My tips for new bloggers—not that I’m some blogging guru!—are:
- Interact with other bloggers, especially ones with whom you share interests! I love getting thoughtful feedback on my posts, and I equally love giving it out to others when topics pique my interest.
- Try to get some time-insensitive blog posts done ahead of time, so that if you get too busy with life, you’ll have posts that can still go out. Keeping to a schedule is really important, especially when you have a tendency to procrastinate, as I have.
Here are some of the blogs I’ve loved reading and interacting with lately. I know some have already been nominated, but I want to mention them, anyway!
- The Beautified Blogger
- A Beautiful Whim
- A Brash Attitude
- Chic & Polished
- Corissa’s Corner
- Dorothea Beauty
- Everything & Nothin’
- Finger Candy
- Fit To Serve Group
- Glamour Vortex
- Lainey Loves Life
- Nerdy Librarian Girl
- Skin Diary
- Sea of Beauty
- Stash Matters
- Styled With Joy
- Thrifty Blogger UK
- A Vibrant Day
And, thanks again to Katie!