As we are entering the fall months on this last day of August—though fall doesn’t technically begin here in Canada until September 23—I thought it would be a very responsible idea to enter a low-buy for the upcoming season. After all, you gotta start saving money for those post-holiday deals, right?
Plus, the Canadian dollar is so weak at the moment, and prices are slowly going up. We’re down to 75¢ to the US dollar, guys! It hasn’t been this low since the 90s, I think.
So I have resolved to “shop my stash” and stop buying so much bloody nail polish until December.
To get myself in the mood to do so, here’s a roundup of my drugstore purchases since about June (that’s about three months, but doesn’t include my last Shoppers Optimum Points haul, since that was basically free).
Also, I just want to add that everything here was purchased on sale at either Shoppers Drug Mart, Rexall, or Well.ca.
- NYX Butter Lipstick in Hunk
- NYX Xtreme Shine Lip Cream in Spicy
- NYX Butter Gloss in Cherry Cheesecake
- GOSH Nail Lacquer in Tropicana
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Golden-I
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in White On
- Nubar Professional Lacquer in Dark Castle
The GOSH above was actually from one of the Shoppers Drug Mart $9.99 Teen Packs. My local SDM doesn’t carry them (or at least took a while to stock them) so I never knew about these until StashMatters wrote a post on them!
- KIT by Rexall Nail Lacquer in Teal Tango
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Jazzy Jade
- Ceramic Glaze (by China Glaze) Nail Lacquer in Blueberry Bubblegum
- GOSH Nail Lacquer in Apple Bloom
The Ceramic Glaze ($3, was $9.99) and GOSH ($2, was $7) were being clearanced.
- Revlon Nearly Naked Liquid Makeup in Nude (150)
- Revlon Nail Enamel in Tangerine
- Revlon Nail Enamel in Chic
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Babe Blue
- Essie Nail Polish in Bikini So Teeny
- L’Oréal Colour Riche Collection Exclusive Lipcolour in Eva’s Nude
- L’Oréal Colour Riche Collection Exclusive Lipcolour in Zoë’s Red
- CoverGirl Colorlicious Lipstick in Ravish Raspberry
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Champagne On Ice
I’m not a massive fan of Burt’s Bees Lip Balm (I think it’s too waxy), but I wanted to try the Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, and hey, it’s hard for me to pass up citrus-scented stuff! The Lip Balm is in the Pink Grapefruit flavor, and I’ve only ever tried the original minty (do not want!) Burt’s Bees Lip Balm.
- Yes To Blueberries Age Refresh Eye Firming Treatment (sample)
- Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes (sample)
- L’Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Rock Waterproof Mascara in Black
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal in Barely Branded
- L’Oréal Infallible Eye Shadow in Endless Sea
The Yes To and Simple items were from the Teen Pack mentioned above. The L’Oréal mascara ($7.99, was $14.99) and eye shadow ($5, was $12.49) were being clearanced.
- Derma E Overnight Peel with AHA
- Derma E Vitamin A Glycolic Cleanser
- L’Oréal EverCrème Nourishing Shampoo
- Sally Hansen Problem Cuticle Remover
- Simple Micellar Water
- Batiste Dry Shampoo (interest piqued by StyledWithJoy)
- göt2b Mind Blowing Ionic + Power Xpress Dry Styling Spray
The göt2b spray was from the Teen Pack mentioned above.
And, I just purchased this last item yesterday, as it’s on sale for $16.56 at Well.ca. After great reviews from StashMatters and A Brash Attitude for the Andalou Naturals Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask, I was stoked to buy it. However, I suddenly noticed that it’s meant for combo/oily skin, and mine is dry, so I bought the Andalou Naturals Avo Cocoa Skin Food Mask instead, which is for dry skin.
Wish me luck on my low-buy!