As we are entering the fall months on this first day of September—though fall doesn’t technically begin here in Canada until September 23—I thought it would be a very responsible idea to enter a low-buy for the upcoming season. After all, I’ve gotta start saving money for those post-holiday deals, right?
Plus, the Canadian dollar is so weak at the moment, and prices are slowly going up. We’re down to 75¢ to the US dollar, guys! It hasn’t been this low since the 90s, I think.
So I have resolved to “shop my stash” more and stop buying so much bloody nail polish until December. You might start to see reviews of things I bought over a year ago…
To get myself in the mood for a low-buy, here’s a roundup of my Winners purchases since about April. That’s about five months, basically since my last Winners haul post, so this post is really more like: Purchases for the Second Half of Spring, and Summer.
Now, I love shopping at the TJ Maxx stores (that’s Winners and HomeSense in Canada, though we also recently got Marshalls, too). They’re obviously a bit hit/miss, but the hits can be fantastic!
I generally like to hit up most of the Winners/Marshalls/HomeSense stores in downtown Toronto, except for that King & Spadina one. Never find anything there. College Park and Bloor are the best locations for all that great “Runway” swag—would love to pick up a Missoni dress for $400 and a Chloé handbag for $1,300, but I just can’t fit them in my wardrobe at the moment, y’know!—but I did drop by the Dufferin Mall store a few months ago and found a great DvF dress (pictured later in this post), so scores can be found in many locations!
Here are the beauty and fashion items that I bought for myself. I’m not including stuff for DH (Michael Kors shirt, Geox boots), DS (Green Toys dump truck, cute clothes, OshKosh shoes), housewares (picture frames, Ralph Lauren sheets, Le Creuset frying pan), and food (chocolate, tea, coffee, Braswell jams and honey).
- Zoya Professional Lacquer in Marry (alternatively, Marry J…think it was named for Mary J. Blige)
- Zoya Professional Lacquer in Aria
- Zoya Professional Lacquer in Mieko
- Zoya Professional Lacquer in Elke
- Essie Nail Polish in The Girls Are Out
- Zoya Professional Lacquer in Kamilah
- Zoya Professional Lacquer in Pia
- Zoya Professional Lacquer in Lianne
- Zoya Professional Lacquer in Creamy
- Zoya Professional Lacquer in Bekka
Clearly, Winners had gotten in a load of (mostly) discontinued Zoyas!
- Ciaté Paint Pots in Island Hopping
- OPI Nail Lacquer in My Signature is “DC”
- Leighton Denny High Performance Nail Colour in Message In a Bottle
- OPI Nail Lacquer in Today I Accomplished Zero
- OPI Nail Lacquer in Dutch ‘Ya Just Love OPI?
- NARS Nail Polish in Orgasm (Thanks for the gift, Mom! Betcha didn’t know it was called Orgasm.)
- SpaRitual Nail Lacquer in Buoyant
- SpaRitual Nail Lacquer in Navigate
- Anna Sui Nail Color in 210
- The Complete Irish Pub Cookbook
- Ellen Tracy Tracy eau de parfum (backup, love this)
- Stila Eye Shadow Palette in In the Know
- Stila Eye Shadow Palette in In the Light
- Stila Crème Bouquet eau de parfum
- Tarina Tarantino Eye Dream Hyperliner Waterproof Eye Pencil in Puppeteer
- Tarina Tarantino Eye Dream Hyperliner Waterproof Eye Pencil in Ultraviolet
- CND Solar Oil
- CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat
- CND Vinylux Weekly Polish in Steel Gaze
- OPI Nail Lacquer in Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous! (I didn’t notice this was not totally full until a while after I bought it…gah!)
- Lancôme Hypnôse Waterproof Custom-Wear Volume Mascara in Hypnôse Noir
And one of my only clothing purchases over the last 6 months:
Have you found any recent deals at Winners / TJ Maxx? I love to see what others have snagged!
Thanks for looking, and please wish me luck on my low-buy!