I guess it had to happen! After a couple of months of being pretty pleased with my Topbox subscription, I’m disappointed in this month’s selections. For the first time, it seems like Topbox ignored my profile for half of the 4-item box.
What I Received
- Ciaté Paint Pots in Speed Dial (13.5 mL full size) [MSRP CA$15]
- Condition Culture Colorsmash Hair Shadow in Electric Beat (4.1 g full size) [MSRP US$13]
- Nova Scotia Fisherman Rescue Balm (0.35 oz / 10.4 mL, sample) [MSRP CA$11.95 for 30 mL]
- Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper Leave-In Conditioner (30 mL, sample) [MSRP US$18 for 240 mL]
- Nova Scotia Fisherman online coupon for receiving free shipping and a sample (doesn’t say what product). The code doesn’t appear to be user-specific, so feel free to try it. It’s the first online code I’ve seen with spaces in it. Use code FREE SHIP AND SAMPLE at Nova Scotia Fisherman.
Everything came in the standard packaging: a pretty white and purple patterned cardboard cylinder. (This month, I had actually requested that they send me an organza bag instead of a box, but they still sent me the box, for some reason.)
I can absolutely not argue with receiving a full-sized nail polish, and I love orange, so I’m happy receiving this product. I kind of figured I’d get a Ciaté polish this month, though, as I recently received my Fall Luxe Box (which is now operated by Topbox) and got a different Ciaté polish in that.
I really am not interested in this temporary hair coloring product, and would never have purchased it for myself. I suppose it came in good time for Halloween next month…
I don’t really love receiving hair products, though I’m usually game to try them, anyway. I have straight hair, however, so I doubt that this product is going to be all that useful for me. I guess leave-in-conditioner can be good for all hair types, though.
This is body balm is probably something I’d use, and ideally, it’ll work on my very dry shins in winter. Not fussed about this, but it’s OK and I’ll use it. I like that this is a Canadian product. I’d have been happier receiving their Cuticle Rescue, though! I’ll probably give the Rescue Balm a try as a cuticle cream, anyway, heh. It actually contains olive oil, beeswax, shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil, castor oil, rosehip oil, aloe, tea tree oil, and plenty of other naturally-derived ingredients.
I really only love the nail polish this month. The body balm is OK, but not something I’d have chosen for myself. I can definitely leave the two hair items. For $12 + tax ($13.56), this box wasn’t a great deal for me, particularly since I can find Ciaté polishes (though not with a good selection of shades) at Winners for $4.99. Fail this month, Topbox!