Collection: OPI 2016 Fall/Winter, Washington, D.C.
Just in time for the U.S. Presidential election run-in, OPI has released their Fall/Winter 2016 collection, Washington, D.C. The ad campaign is fronted by their Creative Ambassador, Scandal actress Kerry Washington.
As an aside, I don’t want get all political on a beauty blog, but I do want to remind all eligible Americans to get out there and vote in November. I’m already waiting on my absentee ballot! This is probably the most important election many years, so please get motivated, get informed, and get out and cast your vote!
This capital collection consists of some lovely, deep and dramatic hues.
This collection is a bold spin on classic fall hues, shades that complement and empower—adding a jolt of attitude to any seasonal look. The 15 shades were developed in collaboration with OPI’s first-ever Creative Ambassador Kerry Washington.
- CIA = Color is Awesome, dusky blue.
- Stay Off the Lawn!, deep, lush green.
- Suzi – The First Lady of Nails, chic olive green.
- Never a Dulles Moment, curry yellow.
- Pale to the Chief, nearly nude.
- Yank My Doodle, tawny copper.
- Freedom of Peach, creamy peach.
- Squeaker of the House, chocolate brown.
- Shh…It’s Top Secret, deep, deep brown.
- Madam President, commanding red.
- OPI by Popular Vote, cool apple red.
- We the Female, empowering garnet.
- Kerry Blossom, plum with capital flair.
- “Liv” in the Gray, edgy, sophisticated gray.
- Inside the ISABELLEtway, caramel crème.
I am in love with this entire collection. I wonder how many I’ll end up with, in the end… “Liv” in the Gray will definitely be mine, for our little olive (she smiles often, though it can be hard to capture it).
OPI Nail Lacquer retails for about US$9.50 / CA$12 and is 0.5 US fl oz / 15 mL. OPI nail polishes are currently free of toluene, formaldehyde, dibutyl phthalate (DBP) and camphor. They are made in the USA.
OPI Products Inc. was originally Odontorium Products Inc., a dental supply company. It was purchased in 1981 and soon the company’s focus switched to selling acrylics to nail salons. Nail lacquers were introduced in 1989. OPI has been owned by global beauty company Coty Inc. since 2010. The company is based in North Hollywood, CA, USA.