This is straight-up embarrassing, but I was nominated for this award 1½ years ago, and I never got around to doing it! I have a minor backlog of these awards/tags, so I’m going to finish them up on Tag Tuesdays, starting today!
Becca-Anne Beauty first nominated me for this award; she hasn’t blogged for about a year now, but she still has some great makeup and beauty posts on her site!
Then, earlier this month, I was nominated for the same award by Meg Kem Magic, who’s a relatively new blogger (like, a month old!) so please go check out her lovely beauty blog!
Thanks so much to both Becca-Anne and Meg! 😁
The One Lovely Blogger Award stipulates that I need to share 7 facts about myself. Since I’m combining two nominations in one post, I’ll do 14 facts.
The One Lovely Blog Award
The rules for this award are as follows:
- Thanking the person that nominated you and leaving a link to their blog
- Posting about the award
- Sharing seven facts about yourself
- Nominating at most 15 people
- Letting your nominees know that they’ve been nominated
7 14 Facts About Myself
I hope I haven’t repeated any of these from previous posts!
My favorite color was red, for the longest time. Several years ago, I somehow no longer felt like it was, and I do not currently have a favorite color. I can find most every color appealing—it just has to be used the right way!
Blue cheese is my favorite kind of cheese. Cashel Blue and Saint Agur are my favorites of the blues I’ve tried (I’ve gone through Auvergne, Bénédictin, Bresse, Cambozola, Gorgonzola, Maytag, Météorite, Roquefort, Stilton, and a few others). Both are so buttery and creamy, and not the most pungent blues you’ll find, so they’re great entry-level blues, too. I really should try some more, but these two are so yummy and readily available where I am that I tend not to stray!
I am a very heavy sleeper. I have slept through fire alarms, entire movies, on the subway, and with construction right outside my window. My hearing’s fine, too.
I suffer from occasional mild eczema and dyshidrosis. It typically affects my right hand, presumably because I am right-handed so that hand comes into contact with more soap, cleansers, etc., than my left hand does. It’s flared up a lot more over the last couple of years now that I have little kids and have to wash my hands constantly. Luckily, I swatch on my left!
15°C/60°F is my favorite temperature for being outdoors. A bit warmer and I start to get uncomfortable. I’d rather it was freezing than 30°C/85°F. You can always layer up if it gets cold, but if it’s too hot, there’s nothing for it.
I avert my eyes during horror movie trailers. I’m a chicken!
I took an online Myers-Briggs test years ago (yeah, yeah) and I’m supposedly an INFP. I swear I am not as touchy-feely as the description makes me sound. I’m just maddeningly introverted and highly principled! Apparently, we only make up about 4% of the population. We’re so quiet that you probably wouldn’t notice, anyway.
I only missed one block in this color perception test. Damn blue-greens.
I have been looking for the perfect red sweater for many years. Several years ago, I bought a Zara one as a stopgap. It was a good price but didn’t tick all the right boxes: not a v-neck, too chunky, a little too scratchy, has weird gold buttons, and not quite the right shade of red—yeah, I’m not sure why I bought it, either. I’ve still not been able to find my HG sweater.
I’ve been living in Canada for over fifteen years now, and I still think the money looks like it’s from a Monopoly set, and All Dressed chips are nasty. However, toonies (which were introduced shortly after I came to Canada) and poutine are amazing.
I have two brand new, bubble-wrapped, identical toilet brush holders sitting on my shelf because last summer, Hudson’s Bay twice sent me the toilet brush I ordered, but they failed to send the brush. I just decided to stop shopping with them as much. Now I don’t know what to do with the two holders, because I hate wasting stuff but I don’t know if I can buy a single toilet brush separately to use with them. (Obviously, I’m starting to run out of random facts.)
I got into watching soccer during the 2002 World Cup, jointly hosted by South Korea and Japan. I was totally hooked (the third-place match between Turkey and South Korea remains one of the most entertaining I’ve seen) and supported Germany in the final because of their scary, madcap goalkeeper and incredibly efficient striker. (Brazil won.) Now, I follow local side Toronto FC and Premier League team Liverpool FC—fave players from the latter are Reina, Kuyt and Alonso (sob!)—though I’m also fairly jaded about the loathsome antics of FIFA.
Celebrities randomly show up in my dreams (but never sexytimes dreams!) and play small parts in my long-ass dream epics. It’s often celebrities I’ve not thought about for years, so it makes little sense. A selection:
- Ed Harris. Actually just a weirdo who looked exactly like Ed Harris; it was a mute psycho who jumped up and down slowly like a frog, and chased my friend and me in an empty, dystopian-looking mall.
- Denzel Washington. The dream was something like Casablanca—everyone was dressed like it’s the 1940s and eveything’s all classic black and white movie. I’m having my dream, probably wearing a hat, waiting for my husband in some gigantic airplane hangar, and suddenly Mr. Washington walks by and I’m like, “Oh, look, it’s Denzel Washington” for a second. Story continues with no further detail about the cameo.
- Eddie Vedder. Sold me shoes; as I exit the shoe store, some jackass runs by and steals my goddamn shoes. I proceed to chase him down and beat the everliving crap out of him. (Yeah, that’s realistic.) I don’t even particularly like Pearl Jam.
- Anna Torv and Joshua Jackson in Fringe character, doing badass things and stopping crime while I just tagged along and didn’t help at all. Wish John Noble had shown up.
- And finally, Mads Mikkelsen, Gillian Anderson (both in character from Hannibal), and Jordan Henderson (a Liverpool FC player) all in the same creepy dream set in an underground lair with no apparent exit and one bathroom. Dr. Bedelia du Maurier and I try to warn everyone that there’s a serial killer in our midst, but no one heeds us and Hannibal ends up murdering a bunch of people. He slits Henderson’s throat just before I wake up.
My nightmares are in particular hilariously nonsensical.
I am nominating 14 bloggers who’ve recently given me a follow/comment! Thanks again to Becca-Anne and Meg for the nomination.
- Adventures of Sweet Monday
- A Beautiful Thing
- Beauty and the Ballroom
- Beauty by a Dutch Girl
- Cherry’s Beauty Blog
- Claire Talks Beauty
- Draconic Distractions
- Faded Rouge
- Fashion Set Us Free
- Makeup and Meena
- Organic Is Beautiful
- Pretty Ruff Life
- Sassy Girl’s Journey