Chanelle Hayley, a New Zealand-based beauty blogger, recently nominated me for another Liebster Award! Thank you, girl!
Please do go and check out her wonderful blog!
Liebster Award Rules
- You must acknowledge who has nominated you and also share their links
- Share 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions that you have been asked
- Nominate 11 more bloggers whose blog you would recommend
- Ask 11 questions that you would like those bloggers to answer
- Let the bloggers you have nominated know that they’ve been nominated.
11 Facts About Me
Chanelle’s 11 Questions
1. Pineapple on pizza, yes or no?
OH YES. YES INDEEDY. Hawaiian pizza (actually invented by a Canadian!) is probably my favorite pizza. Maybe a white seafood pizza, with capers, comes close. I also love artichokes and mushrooms on pizza. I really like pizza.
2. Do you believe in soul mates?
Not especially. Life is far too random for that! I am so very grateful, however, that my husband and I are super-compatible. In our experience, since our principles line up pretty well, we generally make the same big-to-middling decisions and have very little cause to argue—except about very silly, unimportant things, of course!
3. What’s your dream job?
I really wanted to be a zookeeper/scientist as a little kid. It’s not what I do now, and I don’t exactly regret my choices, but I do like to occasionally read up on advances in biology (most recently: a new theory for evolution based on “energetic epochs”).
4. Favourite song from your childhood?
Hmm, I am not sure I have one. I was quite fond of The Beatles’ “Penny Lane” as a child, but I’ve outgrown it a bit, since.
5. What’s your favourite fashion trend currently?
I’ve mostly noticed fashion trends I don’t care for (athleisure, jumpsuits, Mom jeans, sister-wife dresses, pajamas, wearing your jacket down at your elbows—seriously, WTF). To be fair, I’m completely out of the loop with fashion since I’ve been living in leggings and tees for three years now. What do I like? Prints! Maybe full-body prints are a bit much, and mix-n-match prints can be a hazardous endeavor, but I am generally a big fan of prints. I’m much more partial to graphic prints on myself (as opposed to say, wispy florals and anything too “organic”-looking).
6. What’s your middle name?
I wasn’t born with a middle name! When I was a bit older, I adopted an English name since I wasn’t a big fan of my given Chinese name. (Sorry, Mom! The meaning is nice, though.) Suffice to say the original name lent itself to some unfortunate nicknames, so it is now officially my middle name, instead.
7. What’s your favourite TV show?
I have many favorites (like Blackadder, Fringe, Misfits, Hannibal, The Americans, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and Mr. Robot—I have mini reviews of some of these at my other site). I’m currently watching American Gods and The Handmaid’s Tale, which are just blowing everything out of the water. The Handmaid’s Tale, in particular, is an astonishing—and terrifying—story, so far. The Hulu adaptation of Margaret Atwood’s 1985 novel was also partially shot in Toronto, so it’s nifty to catch local places showing up in this dystopian world which feels far more real than it should.
8. What is your go-to drink when you’re out?
Lemonade during the day, fizzy water at night, margaritas late night, and always Vietnamese coffee if it’s available. I keep meaning to pick up one of the Vietnamese coffee steel filters in Chinatown, so I can make the coffee at home!
9. Do you drink alcohol?
I had two kids over the last four years, so I haven’t had much of a chance to drink! I don’t generally drink all that often, though—but I do like to add a little somethin’ (it’s the honey flavor I can’t get enough of) to my coffee now and then! And I’m very partial to having some port or sherry with blue cheese.
10. What is something about you people might not expect? Any hobbies, talents etc.
I love to watch soccer. I think I probably seem like the polar opposite of a typical sports fan.
11. What question do you hate being asked?
I often get asked by other Asian people whether I’m Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese, and so on. I don’t know why they never seem to suggest literally the most common kind of Asian there is (Chinese). I can only assume it’s because people who think I’m Chinese just don’t bother to ask, and those who ask think I am definitely not Chinese. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My Questions for the Nominees
- What was your favorite childhood toy?
- How many countries have you visited?
- What’s the last movie you saw?
- What’s the last thing you read?
- What’s the last thing you ate?
- How often do you get your hair cut?
- What’s the absolute best cheap thrill?
- What’s the last beauty-related product you bought?
- What’s one beauty-related thing you never do?
- What is the worst smelling beauty product you ever tried?
- What’s your favorite color for a pedicure?
- Flaw Decay
- Forty, Flirty & Fabulous
- A Messy World
- Short Nail Swatcher
- The Sleeping Cutie
- Styled by McKenz
- Wander Summer
Thanks again to Chanelle for nominating me for this award!