During last weekend’s Shoppers Drug Mart Spend Your Points Plus Event, I hopped onto their luxury beauty website, beautyBOUTIQUE, and redeemed 95,000 Optimum Points for $170 (plus $30 worth of Bonus Points to be added to my account later this month):
- Chanel Le Vernis Longwear Nail Colour in Coralium (562) [$32]
- Chanel Le Vernis Longwear Nail Colour in Sargasso (558) [$32]
- Clarins 4-Colour Eye Palette (LE) from Sunkissed Summer 2017 [$45]
- Dior 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette in Attract (867) [$72]
These were my 3 free samples:
- Elizabeth Arden SUPERSTART Skin Renewal Booster (free sample)
- Elizabeth Arden White Tea EDT (free sample)
- Lise Watier HydraForce Hydra-Protective Creme-Gel (free sample)
My total was CA$181, so $170 was subtracted from my points redemption. You still have to pay tax (13% HST in Ontario) on the full amount, however.
The savings is like paying $1.94 for each Chanel polish, $2.74 for the Clarins palette, and $4.38 for the Dior palette!
$181 subtotal – $170 redemption + $23.53 HST = $34.53 Total
Plus the $30 worth of bonus points to come later, too.
As usual, my beautyBOUTIQUE order arrived very promptly and perfectly packaged.
Here are more detailed product photos:
My two great wishes for beautyBOUTIQUE are:
- Sell all the mass market cosmetics online, too! Currently, they just have selected Annabelle, Marcelle, and Quo (which is store-brand, come on!). Not even Joe Fresh, which is owned by their parent company! If I could buy Essie, Sally Hansen, Revlon, L’Oréal, Maybelline, CoverGirl, NYX, Essence, etc., at beautyBOUTIQUE—especially the limited edition collections which I hate having to hunt around for in stores—I would seriously worry about the state of my wallet.
- More nail polish (duh!). There are brands sold in-store that are not available online. Right now, all they have is Chanel (LOVE, obviously) and rms, both of which are only accessed through the brand portals. The regular nail polish category has Guerlain, Anna Sui, Bourjois, Paul & Joe, and a tiny selection of Dior. Oh and I see that they’ve just added ARTDECO. I could have sworn they used to have Lancôme, too, but it’s not there anymore. Where are the polishes from Lise Watier and Estée Lauder? In-store brands like Essie, CND, Quo by Orly, GOSH, Misslyn? Dammit, just bring in more polish.
If you’re in Canada, I can’t stress enough that if you shop at SDM at all, get the app, load the coupons every week, and rack up those Optimum Points! It makes Sephora’s loyalty program look pointless. (Heh.)