Collection: China Glaze 2017 Summer, My Little Pony “Color Is Magic”
I never knew I needed this. China Glaze’s new Summer 2017 collection is a collaboration with Hasbro’s My Little Pony.
I don’t actually watch the newer cartoon, but I did watch the original—yeah, I’m old school. I never had many toys as a kid, but I did have at least two My Little Ponies: I remember a white Pegasus-type and a coral unicorn. (This Moondancer unicorn does look extremely familiar, though, so maybe they were both unicorns—or I had a third pony.) My mom recently packed up a bunch of my old toys and brought them to me, and one of my ponies survived all these years:
I just looked up my pony and apparently her name is Speedy, and she’s from the Twinkle Eyed Ponies collection released in Hasbro’s My Little Pony G1 line, Year 4 (circa 1985–86). Now that I look at the original packaging in that link, I totally remember that yellow star/rainbow comb!
Oh crap look at this. I definitely had three ponies. Moondancer, Speedy, and this Pegasus, Firefly. Ahhhh what a trip down memory lane. I wonder what ever happened to the other two.
I will always prefer the vintage pony design to the new one, but I understand that the new one is super popular. Still, this reminds me that I really need to watch the Brony documentary…
Anyway, the new collection consists of 12 + 2 new shades in a range of shades and finishes.
As the authority on nail colour, China Glaze has taken center stage at NYFW alongside the most coveted designers in the industry. Notably, our Spring/Summer 2016 collaboration with DEGEN featured nails inspired by the ever-enchanting My Little Pony. This match made in fashion week heaven was the prelude to a pony-filled collaboration with Hasbro that we like to call Colour is Magic….
The My Little Pony™ x
China Glaze™ Collaboration
A whimsical, fashion-forward palette inspired by the charming personalities of the iconic ponies intertwined with the spirit of the exceptionally unique CG shade selection. Ranging from fun-loving brights to celestial glitters, this collection is sure to resonate with beauty connoisseurs and pop culture enthusiasts alike.
Twelve shades make up the main collection; another two shades make up a limited edition Songbird Serenade Kit:
- I Sea Ponies (Magical Silver Holographic Chrome)
- Hay Girl Hay! (Celestial Holographic Glitter)
- Kill ‘Em With Kindness (Whimsical Soft Yellow Crème)
- Cutie Mark™ the Spot (Harmonious Pistachio Mint Crème)
- One Polished Pony (Dashing Turquoise Frost)
- Too Busy Being Awesome (Charming Cerulean Blue Crème)
- Let Your Twilight Sparkle™ (Purple Holographic Glitter)
- I Just Canterlot (Glamorous Violet Glitter)
- Where’s the Party Canon At? (Sparkling Fuchsia Glitter)
- Applejack™ of My Eye (Fun Loving Red Orange Crème)
- She’s a Mane-iac (Hot Pink Satin)
- Sweet As Pinkie Pie™ (Bubbly Pastel Pink Crème)
The Collector’s Edition Songbird Serenade Kit contains two polishes:
- Best Ponies Forever (Soft Gold Chrome)
- Songbird Serenade (Electrifying Black Shimmer)
So, uh, where can I order these, like, immediately?!
I hope they’re available in Canada, soon!