No nail polish in this collaboration between Lancôme and clutch book designer Olympia Le-Tan (though I do want to try some from the recent Lancôme collection), but this Icon Palette is so pretty that I wanted to post it!
Olympia’s Wonderland Icon Palette, Limited Edition for Fall 2017, contains 4 eyeshadows, blush, and four lip colors in the form of lipstick powder. Very old school, no?
Olympia Le Tan and Lancôme unveil a wildly desirable collector’s item: the first make-up palette to perfectly mirror the designer’s minaudière clutch-books. Just like the handbags that inspired it, this unprecedented palette is sheathed in cotton embroideries patterned like the cover of an antique book. An imaginary book, as it happens…
Inside, blusher, eyeshadow and lipsticks bring back the glamour of the Fifties with an ultra-contemporary twist. An important detail to note: each of these shades is a reworked version of a colour Olympia Le-Tan chose from Lancôme’s archives and updated.
- Nommé Désir 1971 (muted white)
- Paradis 1956 (deep burgundy)
- Brun Nacré 1965 (slightly iridescent taupe)
- Gris Argent 1988 (glittery steel)
Lip Powders (to be used over La Base 1960):
- Rouge de Rose 1955 (cold violet)
- Olympia 1980 (flamboyant red)
- Anémone 1959 (cherry)
- Couture 1962 (vintage rose)
- Pink blush, embossed with a ribbon motif taken from a 1950s Lancôme powder compact
- La Base 1960 (universal colour-fixative base)
- Double-ended makeup brush
The palette retails for CA$100.
The collection also includes lip-shaped lipstick bullets! I don’t see them on the Lancôme Canada website yet, however.
[Images via lancome.ca]