Before I start with my September Glam Bag, I just wanted to provide an update on my missing Ipsy bag from August. When August 23 rolled around, I noticed that Landmark tracking said it was delivered on the 17th but I had never received it. I contacted Ipsy and they immediately sent out a new bag for me, which arrived by the end of the month. I was super happy with their customer service—the bag was exactly what I was supposed to get, except for an item from theBalm which they replaced with a different item from the same brand. I will have to save the extra items for a giveaway.
Well, it turns out that earlier this month, my original Ipsy bag arrived! So much for Landmark’s tracking, huh? (I’ve had an issue with them before on a Julep order—Julep were similarly wonderful and quickly sent a new package; the original has never turned up.) I’d never heard of this Landmark company until this year; suddenly I’m getting more packages from the US handled by them. They also never responded to my inquiries regarding my lost Julep package. Hrmph.
Anyway, September’s Ipsy Glam Bag (referral link) arrived in good time (well, the 19th, which is a little later than usual but I did have a points redemption item in the mix, too).
What I Redeemed Points For
- ColourPop × Amanda Steele Pressed Powder Shadow Palette in Weekend Warrior (4 × 1.5 g full size; US$18 and recently discontinued) [750 pts]
What I Received
- Beauty For Real I-LINE 24-7 Eyeliner in Champagne Buzz (0.28 g full size; US$14)
- ColourPop Lippie Stix in Ipsy-exclusive shade Glam Bag (1 g full size; US$5)
- E Nature Birch Juice Hydro Sleeping Pack (12 mL sample; 75 mL for US$28 at Sokoglam, plus 20% off code below or at official US site)
- Pretty Woman Nail Polish in Girl Boss, formerly known as Cherry Bean (10 mL full size; US$7.99)
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer in Radiance (0.25 oz; 1 oz for US$39)
- Ipsy makeup bag
Pretty typical value this month. I gotta say I’m pretty happy that the Canadian dollar has been moving up against the US dollar, lately! Whee!
Ipsy Coupon Codes
- Beauty For Real: 20% off any purchase with code IPSY20 (through 10/31/2017)
- Pretty Woman: 30% off any purchase with code PWGLAM (through 10/31/2017; US & CA only)
- Sokoglam: 20% off any purchase with code IPSTERS (through 10/09/2017; one-time use only)
There were no codes for my ColourPop and Smashbox items, so here are a couple of other good ones I saw:
- Catrice: 25% off any purchase with code IPSY25 (through 10/31/2017; US only)
- Ciaté: 30% off any purchase with code IPSTER (through 10/31/2017; US & CA only)
Here are some more detailed product shots:
ColourPop × Amanda Steele — Pressed Powder Shadow Palette in Weekend Warrior
4 × 1.5 g full size; US$18 and recently discontinued [750 pts]
I’m so glad I never ordered this from ColourPop directly! I’d eyed it for a while, but it never made it into an order even when it went on sale ($12). The shades are very pretty—the naming is reminiscent of Urban Decay, who also had eyeshadows called Burnout and Chopper, at least back in the day. This palette is now discontinued, which is probably how Ipsy got a bunch of them. [Made in USA.]
Beauty For Real — I-LINE 24-7 Eyeliner in Champagne Buzz
0.28 g full size; US$14
At first, I was a bit annoyed that Ipsy sent me a duplicate item, because I received one of these liners in Black Magic a year ago. I rarely use black liner, so it is actually still unused in my bag of eyeliners. But when I opened this up to photograph it, I realized that there were actually three colors available and Ipsy had sent me the one I liked best: Champagne Buzz! (The third was a green, Jade.) Sweet. I’m happy again. [Made in USA.]
ColourPop — Lippie Stix in Ipsy-exclusive shade Glam Bag (Matte X)
1 g full size; US$5
There were four ColourPop products available in September’s Glam Bag, and I am so glad I got the Lippie Stix in an Ipsy-exclusive shade! (The others were Ultra Glossy Lip in ipsy VIP and Brow Boss in Light Brown or Dark Brown.) [Made in USA.]
E Nature — Birch Juice Hydro Sleeping Pack
12 mL sample; 75 mL for US$28
As you can see, I’ve finally gotten sick of photographing white things against my standard white background, so I went and got a blue one, too. I’d like to rig it up in such a way that it’s easier for me to swap the blue and white backgrounds around, but I digress. I love that Ipsy is introducing more Korean beauty products into their Glam Bags! This E Nature Sleeping Pack is the one I most wanted, too, since I love sleeping masks. I feel like this 12 mL sample will last me a good long while, since I’m just about finishing up a 14.2 mL Laneige Water Sleeping Mask sample from which I’ve gotten so much use. [Made in South Korea.]
Pretty Woman — Nail Polish in Girl Boss
Shade formerly known as Cherry Bean / 10 mL full size; US$12
I received a Pretty Woman polish from Ipsy before, and it was quite nice, even though I didn’t love the shade. This time I got a much better shade, for me. I’m still a bit disappointed that I didn’t get one of the other polishes, by P.R.M.I.T., which I’ve never tried. Oh well…better luck next time. [Made in USA.]
Smashbox — Photo Finish Primer in Radiance
0.25 oz; 1 oz for US$39
I don’t use makeup primers, so this is kind of useless for me. I might play around with it and see if it can be used in another way, since it does seem to be tinted. [Made in USA.]
Ipsy Glam Bag Makeup Pouch
This is a nice and subdued design! I didn’t think I’d like the texturing, but it’s fine. The lining is a pretty cobalt blue.
Glam Bag Verdict
This was a really fun Glam Bag! The only dud was the Smashbox primer, but I might yet be able to find a use for it. I always love getting nail polish, as well, and Ipsy are delivering!
Other items I was interested in this month (here’s the full item list):
- P.R.M.I.T. GELlusion in September (Virgo) or January (Capricorn)
- Teeez Eve’s Ready to Wear Lipstick in Romantic Red
- NEOGEN Real Flower Cleansing Water
- ColourPop Ultra Glossy Lip in ipsy VIP
- Adesse Organic Infused Gel Effect Nail Lacquer in Deception
- Luxie Rose Gold Medium Angled Eye Shading Brush 207
- The Organic Pharmacy Double Rose Rejuvenating Face Cream
- Dirty Little Secret Lip Gloss in Nude Beach
I’m loving the Sokoglam collaboration they did this month, with brands like COSRX, Dear Klairs, NEOGEN, Skinfood, and E Nature. I’m glad I got the E Nature sleeping pack, since that was my pick from the Korean products!
‘Cause you made it all the way down here, I’ll leave you a tune.
Here’s “Into the Groove” by Madonna (1985)—it’s the last song I listened to in iTunes.