I’m just a little bit addicted to ColourPop’s palettes, now. When Sephora Canada started carrying a small selection of ColourPop on Halloween, I couldn’t help myself and ordered both of the new eyeshadow palettes, Golden State of Mind and Semi-Precious.
They run a bit more expensive (CA$33) than the usual ColourPop Pressed Powder Shadow Palettes (US$16), with some caveats:
- Regular palettes contain 12 × 0.85 g shadows (10.2 g total); Golden State of Mind contains 15 × 1 g (15 g total) shadows, and Semi-Precious contains 8 × 2 g shadows (16 g total).
- This works out to the regular palettes costing US$1.52/g, and, using the current exchange rate of 1 CA$ = 0.78 US$, Golden State of Mind costing US$1.72/g and Semi-Precious costing US$1.61/g.
I don’t think this works out too badly, all things considered. It sure is better than ordering directly from ColourPop, having to wait longer for it to arrive, and paying customs charges (ColourPop products are made in the USA, so I haven’t had to pay duties). I made sure to use Ebates Canada, too.
Anyway, I know the big November VIB sale is coming up, but for some reason I felt like I just had to order these now (I don’t even think they’re limited edition, are they?).
So here they are! I know some people aren’t keen on palettes that are just shimmers, but I personally do single color wash eyeshadow all the time, so midtoned shimmers—particularly duochromes—always appeal to me.
From Sephora, the shade descriptions are:
- Golden Egg (pinky beige with turquoise glitter)
- Pay the Piper (icy blue)
- GRLFRND (pink with violet glitter)
- Zero Clue (vibrant warm yellow)
- Watch Out (golden ivory with pink glitter)
- Drizzle (icy baby pink)
- Uptight (rose gold)
- Can’t Stop (icy champagne ivory)
- Sparkler (silvery bronze)
- Unsupervised (pink champagne)
- Lust in Time (medium cool rose)
- Mind Tricks (icy blackened purple)
- Wing Woman (red brown with green and gold glitter)
- Heads or Tales (icy cranberry)
- Tinker Time (blackened antique gold with blue glitter)
The shades are:
- Beam Me Up
- Easy Go
- Up & Atom
- West Star
- Upon a Star
- The Game
I think I’m in love with Semi-Precious! It’s the one I was hemming and hawing over, but in the end I decided I wanted free shipping so I got it.
Finally, with the holidays approaching, we’re starting to get busy at home, and of course the little ones are picking up seasonal bugs willy-nilly, so it’s all been a bit hectic. I haven’t put together the photos for the samples I got from Sephora, but they were:
- Dior Rouge Dior Couture Colour Matte Lipstick in 999, 1.4 g (100 pt perk)
- Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream, 5 mL (free sample)
- Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black EDP (free sample)
- Ren Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream (free sample)
In hindsight, I should have waited a day or two to order, because now there’s a much better perk (DAYORNIGHT for a bag full of samples). And I realize now I think I totally forgot to use a code to get a freebie! Aaaaaaaaargh!😂 Damnit.