Collection: Julep 2017 December “Enlightened Glow”, 2017 Zodiac, 2017 Holiday: Royal Suite & Holiday Sets
Julep’s December 2017 collection consists of seven new sparkly shades for the holidays. And, the final addition to their 2017 Zodiac collection is a new shade for my own sign, Sagittarius (November 23–December 21).
Julep have also introduced more Holiday Nail Sets (the first couple are listed in my post about the November 2017 collection). The Royal Suite set and a couple of the smaller sets contain some new shades:
Royal Suite ($42 / Maven $24) consists of 6 new holographic shades in mini 3 mL bottles. Of course, I’ve already bought this!
- Jojo – Redcurrant Holographic
- Anastasia – Regal Berry Holographic
- Yvette – Alpine Lake Holographic
- Kinsey – Imperial Blue Holographic
- Larissa – Evergreen Holographic
- Coraline – Obsidian Holographic
Moonstruck Dream (Trio) ($42 / Maven $30) consists of 3 new sparkly shades:
- Malena – Frozen Lavender Iridescent
- Nese – Fuchsia Blaze Metallic
- Coralie – Plum Crush Holographic
Bow on Top (Trio) ($42 / Maven $30) consists of 1 new and 2 repromoted creams:
- Coco (repromote) – Oxblood Crème
- Alaina (repromote) – Driftwood Taupe Crème
- Cici – Soft Seashell Pink Crème
Starlit Soiree (Duo) ($42 / Maven $30) consists of 2 new sparkly shades:
- Marguerite – Gold-Dipped Raspberry Metallic
- Kalli – Gold Dust Metallic with Holographic Shimmer
The rest of the holiday nail sets contain just repromoted shades.
Now, onto the December collection! Along with the Nail Color collection, Julep typically also releases some new makeup and/or skincare. This month’s new non-nail polish products are:
- It’s Whipped Matte Lip Mousse in Bacio (Copper Russet Metallic Matte)
- It’s Whipped Matte Lip Mousse in First Base (Lilac Taupe Matte)
- It’s Whipped Matte Lip Mousse in Lip Lock (Garnet Rouge Matte)
- It’s Whipped Matte Lip Mousse in Pout (Smoky Orchid Matte)
- It’s Whipped Matte Lip Mousse in Spark (Plum Metallic Matte)
- When Pencil Met Gel Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Galaxy Black Shimmer (Black Amethyst Shimmer)
- Nail Decals in Snowflake
The nail colors are all shimmers/metallics/glitters, many holographic or iridescent.
Turn up the saturation. It’s time for high drama—at least in appearance.
The December collection pulses with vivid color, from highly pigmented new shades of It’s Whipped Matte Lip Mousse to juicy, shining nail colors.
For party looks or an everyday dose of vibrancy, indulge in deep color and lush textures. It’s time to up the ante for next-level opulence.
Forget minimalism. Go all out in a glimmering renaissance of color with this palette of new iridescent and holographic polishes.
Gleaming metallic and holographic polishes make for florid flair.
Here they are:
December 2017 + Zodiac 2017
I totally skipped last month’s Maven Box since I didn’t care for all the frost finishes, though I did pretty much make up for it by picking up the Royal Suite set, the Bling It On Mystery Box, and got a GWP, to boot. (These goodies arrived last week; I’ll post them as soon as I can!)
While I dig a few of this month’s polish colors, I am tempted to skip once again and just pick up the shades I want (Dyani, Kayleigh, and Stirring Sagittarius) via sets and add-ons during the monthly Secret Sale.
Julep Mavens will be able to customize their December boxes from November 20–24.
[Images via julep.com]