My November Ipsy Glam Bag (referral link) managed to arrive after the missing BLAQ Mask sample from my October Glam Bag—Ipsy were very good about re-sending the missing item, but it took a while to arrive. That’s Canada Post for you, though I am a teensy bit disappointed that Ipsy just mailed me the Mask, and nothing else to make up for the error (I’ve probably just seen too many people posting their extras, and it’s likely that Ipsy doesn’t normally do that!).
Anyway, onto this month’s bag, which I am quite happy with even thought it—gasp!—doesn’t contain a nail polish.
What I Received
- ColourPop Ultra Satin Lip in Baracuda (3.2 oz full size; US$6)
- Mudmasky Facial Detox Purifying Recovery Mask (15 mL sample; 60 mL for € 69)
- Naked Cosmetics Mica Pigment in Mother Nature #06 (0.5 oz full size; US$14.99)
- tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Feisty (1.5 g deluxe sample; 5.6 g for US$29)
- trèStiQue Brow Pencil in Espresso (0.005 oz mini; full size contains 0.007 oz brow pencil and 2.5 mL brow gel for US$24)
- Ipsy makeup bag
I’ve had higher bag values, but I do like pretty much everything in this bag! Except for the bag itself—I think this month’s bag is poorly designed. I received the teal bag, but it’s still kind of ugly to me.
Ipsy Coupon Codes
- Mudmasky: 30% off any purchase & free worldwide shipping with code IPSY30 (through 12/31/2017)
- Naked Cosmetics: 30% off any purchase with code IPSY30 (through 12/31/2017)
- trèStiQue: 30% off any $30+ purchase with code IPSYWINTER17 (through 12/31/2017, US & CA only)
Here are a couple other good ones available:
- Ling Skincare: 25% off any purchase with code IPSY25 (through 12/31/2017; US & CA only)
- OUAI: 20% off any purchase with code IPSY20 (through 12/31/2017; US only)
Here are some more detailed product shots:
ColourPop – Ultra Satin Lip in Baracuda
3.2 oz full size; US$6
Figures they’d send me the ColourPop shade with a misspelled name. This “deepened rose” is super pretty, though. I can overlook the name. [Made in USA.]
Mudmasky – Facial Detox Purifying Recovery Mask
15 mL sample; 60 mL for € 69
Firstly, this mask has such a silly, long name. Just look at the packaging: “hey guys, this mask does everything!!!”
Secondly, although one of this Dutch brand’s cofounders is a dermatologist, their “about us” section waxes on about making skincare “without using chemicals.” Guys, every damn thing is a chemical. Water is a chemical. They “didn’t want to use popular marketing terms” but they gab on about being anti-chemical. Then, they go on to say they wanted to make a facial mask “without using harsh chemicals.” Sigh. I’m happy enough to try their product here, but I’m not impressed by their marketing spiel. [Made in the Netherlands.]
Naked Cosmetics – Mica Pigment in Mother Nature #06
0.5 oz full size; US$14.99
I generally stay away from loose powder eyeshadows because they’re so messy (and yes, this spilled in my lightbox) but isn’t this color a stunner?! [Made in USA.]
tarte – Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Feisty
1.5 g deluxe sample; 5.6 g for US$29
tarte’s Amazonian Clay blushes are lovely—I have one of the blush palettes—and I’m always happy to pick up another deluxe sample. The shade I got is a “dusty rose.” The other two options were Quirky (“coral) and Idol (“nude shimmer”). [Made in China.]
trèStiQue – Brow Pencil in Espresso
0.005 oz mini; full size contains 0.007 oz brow pencil and 2.5 mL brow gel for US$24
I always prefer a brow powder to a brow pencil (I prefer a more natural look) and grey to brown for my black hair. This isn’t perfect for me, but it’s not too bad. At least the shade I got seems like a dark taupe-ish brown and not a mid-toned reddish brown. Isn’t it weird to see that the fake “pencil tip” of the cap does not look anything like the actual brow pencil tip? [Made in Italy.]
Glam Bag Verdict
It would be nice to stop getting so much tarte and trèStiQue stuff, but generally, I can use everything in this bag and anyway, they didn’t have any nail polish available this month!
Other items I was interested in this month (here’s the full item list):
- Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
- Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Hot Lacquer in Charmer
- IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream
- SLSMissGlam B36 Tapered Highlight Brush
- OUAI Hair Oil
Ipsy generally chose quite well for me, this month. The only things I would really have swapped in are the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask and the OUAI Hair Oil (I ended up buying both of these during the recent Sephora sale—thanks for not saving me money, Ipsy!).
I also think Ipsy have cut me off makeup brushes forever after I rated a few random brushes poorly earlier this year! D’oh.
‘Cause you made it all the way down here, I’ll leave you with a tune.
Here’s “We Belong” as by Pat Benatar (1984):