I don’t have a proper Throwback Thursday post for today, but I do have an Annabelle Cosmetics haul, which semi-counts as a retro thing for me!
For those who don’t know, Annabelle is a Canadian drugstore brand owned by Groupe Marcelle, based in Lacine, Québec, Canada. The same company owns:
- Lise Watier (high end; acquired in 2016, making Groupe Marcelle the largest Canadian beauty company. I wonder if this is why Lise Watier haven’t been running their semi-annual clearance sales!)
- Marcelle (L’Oréal-priced)
- Annabelle (Maybelline-priced)
- CW Beggs & Sons (a men’s skincare line launched in 2015, named for the man who originally founded Marcelle in Chicago in 1874—and here I thought Marcelle had always been Canadian! It turns out Marcelle entered the Canadian market in 1949, and became a Canadian company in 1973.)
Back in the olden days (though not so far back as 1973, ha!), I owned an Annabelle powder blush (very nice) and a couple of Annabelle eyeshadow singles. Gleam was one, a shimmery vanilla, and I think there was maybe a lavender, too. They were so nice for Canadian-made drugstore products, and depotted, they would fit into MAC palettes, as well.
I should dig up the blush and shadows to show you, but for now, I present my latest Annabelle haul! It’s a two-part haul, as I bought the mascara from Shoppers Drug Mart and the eyeshadows directly from Annabelle’s official site, when they ran a great deal at Easter: 40% off all eye makeup!
All prices are in CA$.
- Big Show Waterproof Mascara in Black [$3.99 / reg. $9.95]
- Eyeshadow Single in Brown Frost (Satin) [$3.57 / reg. $5.95]
- Eyeshadow Single in Germanium (Chrome) [$5.37 / reg. $8.95]
- Eyeshadow Single in Mulberry (Satin) [$3.57 / reg. $5.95]
- Eyeshadow Single in Over the Taupe (Metallic) [$3.57 / reg. $5.95]
- Eyeshadow Single in Rose Gold (Chrome)[$5.37 / reg. $8.95]
- Skinny Palette in Summer Purple [$5.97 / reg. $9.95]
I tracked down the Big Show Waterproof Mascara (my nearby Shopper Drug Mart locations didn’t carry the waterproof Annabelle mascaras), thanks to a glowing review from Jodi (A Brash Attitude). I also have stick straight lashes, so I’m really looking forward to trying it! I got it on sale for CA$3.99.