When subscription box Birchbox finally came to Canada late last year, I thought about subscribing, but I had only been with Ipsy for a couple of months, so I thought I’d lay off signing up with anything new for a while.
Of course, curiosity got the better of me and I recently signed up with Birchbox (referral link), anyway. It costs the same as Ipsy (CA$14.95/mo, shipping and taxes included), and I have, for the most part, enjoyed getting my Ipsy Glam Bags (referral link). At the very least, even if I don’t care for the products in the end, I usually enjoy trying them!
My main reservation with Birchbox was that they seem to focus more on skincare than makeup, and I much prefer trying out new makeup and nail polish over skincare and haircare.
Well, it’s sad to say, but my reservations were not totally unfounded. Birchbox shipped my first box very quickly, and I received it just this week. I had filled out my Birchbox profile to say I preferred to receive Makeup and Nail products (and ticked the box for YAY FRAGRANCE SAMPLES PLEASE), and here is what I got:
- Rifle Paper Co. floral print paper box
- BeautyBlender Original Mini with BlenderCleanser Mini
- Beaver Professional Hydro Nutritive Shampoo Mini
- Beaver Professional Hydro Nutritive Conditioner Mini
- Jelly Pong Pong Glow Getter Luminizer in Ibiza Mini
- Not Soap, Radio Body Wash Mini in Beach + Sky Blue Water
I don’t have any proper reviews, since I haven’t tried any of this stuff yet, but here’s the rundown: