So, I forgot to cancel my Luxe Box (referral link) subscription late last year, and this arrived in the mail yesterday.
Luxe Box is a seasonal box that costs $26 per quarter, though you can get a slight discount for signing up for more boxes at a time. I signed up with the semi-annual option: two boxes for $25 each. The annual option gives you four boxes for $24 each. Shipping is included, at least for the Canadian options.
You receive 7–8 items in each curated Luxe Box (I got 5 full-sized items and 2 trial-sizes this season). I did not take up the $10 “Beauty Surprise” option, even though I was pleased with what I got the one time I did.
What I Received
All prices in CA$, unless otherwise noted.
- BENEFIT The POREfessional Primer (3 mL, sample) [MSRP $37 for 22 mL]
- BIODERMA Sébium AI Correcteur 2-in-1 Tinted Skin Perfecting Care for Acne Prone Skin in Light/Clair (30 mL, full size) [MSRP is I think ~US$24.95]
- JELLY PONG PONG Softening Shower & Bath Gel in Lychee Gel (30 mL, full size) [MSRP US$15.95]
- MASKERAIDE All Eyes On Me Hydrating Eye Gel Patches (4.7 g, 1 single-use pair of eye gels) [MSRP $25/box of 4 pairs]
- MORGAN TAYLOR Professional Nail Lacquer in Eye Candy (15 mL, full size) [MSRP $15.83—holy heck! What?!]
- POP BEAUTY Kajal Pen in Inky Purple (0.9 g, full size) [MSRP US$10]
- SCHICK Hydro Silk Razor (1 reusable razor & 1 cartridge) [MSRP $12.64]
Random Additional Items
- BENEFIT coupon for 3500 Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum Bonus Points when purchasing The POREfessional (if you shop online at beautyBOUTIQUE, you can use the code NOPORES, which expires April 16, 2016)
- SCHICK coupon for $5 off any Hydro Silk refills
Here’s a quick rundown of what I think about each item (sorry, I don’t have pics of each individual item as my camera’s acting up again; guess I need to fiddle with it some more pics added!):
BENEFIT The POREfessional Primer
(3 mL, sample) [MSRP $37 for 22 mL]
I don’t really use primer, so this is kind of meh for me. BeneFit stuff seems excessively pricy to me, and I’ve rarely liked any of the few BeneFit items I’ve tried.
Read More »