My Ipsy bag arrived a bit late this month (I got it on the 19th, when I usually get it around the 15th), and now I’m also a bit late with my post!
For those who don’t know, gudetama is a Sanrio character who is a lazy, ennui-filled egg yolk. It’s a bit random, and it’s freakin’ adorable. Holika Holika, the popular Korean beauty brand, came out with a gudetama collection a while back (I have some of it!) and I think it’s nifty to see Western brands jumping on the lazy, eggy bandwagon. It does appear that some Ipsters were not thrilled with having a “bizarre” cartoon egg on their Glam Bag, and the ensuing moanfest was dubbed “gudeDRAMA!” by a popular subscription box site. Bwah!
Anyway, eggs aside, I decided against requesting anything this month, since there was nothing that really excited me in their spoiler selection, though most things seemed nice to have.
I ended up receiving a nice selection of items that I’m more than happy to try out! I also got an item that I redeemed 750 Ipsy Points for (thanks to those who signed up via my referral link—mwah!). Also, I’ve started tracking Ipsy’s reward options, if you’ve got Ipsy points racked up and want to see what’s been on offer.
What I Redeemed Points For
- Paula’s Choice Blush It On Contour Palette (limited edition, full size; US$36)
What I Received
- Beau Gâchis Illuminator Brush (full size; US$9.95)
- Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet (10 mL; 40 mL full size US$39/CA$48)
- OFRA Godet Eyeshadow Refill in Gold Rush/Victory (2 g size; US$10)
- Seraphine Botanicals Healthy Glow Rose-Gold Blush in Lychee + Gold (3 g full size US$14)
- tarte Rainforest of the Sea Deep Dive Cleansing Gel (7.5 mL sample; 150 mL for US$25/CA$30)
- Ipsy makeup bag
That piddly little tarte cleanser sample really brought my bag’s value down this month! Bah!!! But honestly, I’d rather get a cleanser I’ll use than an insanely marked up eye cream that I won’t (£110? Really?).
Ipsy Coupon Codes
- Beau Gâchis: 30% off any purchase with code beautifulipster30 (through 08/31/2017; US & CA only)
- OFRA: 30% off any purchase with code IPSY30 (through 08/31/2017)
- tarte: 20% off any purchase with code IPSYJUL (07-21-2017 through 08/21/2017, exclusions apply)
There are no codes on offer for Caudalie or Seraphine Botanicals, so here are two other good ones:
- AHAVA: 30% off any purchase with code IPSY30 (through 08/31/2017; US & CA only)
- Ciaté: 30% off any purchase with code IPSTER (through 08/31/2017; US & CA only)
Here are some more detailed product shots: