Yay! I got another nail polish from Ipsy! OK, it’s not really a color I’d choose for myself, but it’s from a brand that’s new to me so I’m happy to try it.
I’ve also recently accumulated a lot of Ipsy points, mostly via referrals, so I have a hearty thank you to those who used my referral link to join Ipsy! I was able to redeem some of the points for a couple of things last month, so I received those with my January Glam Bag.
As a side note, I want to say that as much as I enjoy receiving my Ipsy bags, they could really do with putting up more Points Rewards on their site. Things get put up a bit haphazardly and are gone in the blink of an eye! I really hope Ipsy will improve this section of their service. While I realize the Points are a bit of a perk, they are also acquired when an Ipster helps out Ipsy by writing reviews, posting about Ipsy to social media, and referring more customers! There’s no advantage to be gained by doing all of these things if Ipsy does not make it easy to redeem Points for things we want. After all, Ipsy is doing the offering, so they should hold up their end of the bargain. Also, the points expire a year after you acquire them, so it’s important that there are options most of the time. So, if you’re thinking of joining Ipsy, this (admittedly minor) issue is something to keep in mind.
Anyway, I love my Ipsy bag this month! Here’s what I got:
What I Redeemed 500 Ipsy Points For
- BeBella 4-Step Skincare Regimen Sample Set (250 Ipsy Points for a 4-pc set / similar 5-pc set is US$80)
- pur~lisse Daily Lip Nourisher with Mango and Shea Butters (250 Ipsy Points for a 0.16 oz mini; 0.38 oz full size US$16)
What I Received
- Manna Kadar 3-in-1 Blush Highlighter Eyeshadow in Fantasy (0.1 oz, not sure if it is full or sample size, packaging is slightly different from full size; full size US$19)
- Note Fragrances Pink Peony EDP (5 mL Deluxe Mini; US$6, or 60 mL full size US$74)
- Pacifica Blushious Coconut & Rose Infused Cheek Color in Wildrose (3 g full size but different packaging from regular product; full size US$12)
- Pretty Woman Nail Polish in I’m Not a Ballerina (10 mL full size; USD$7.99)
- Trust Fund Beauty Lipgasm Lipgloss in Blame Game (4 mL full size in Ipsy LE packaging; US$22)
- Ipsy makeup bag
Ipsy Coupon Codes
- Manna Kadar: 30% off any purchase with code IPSY30 (through 02/28/2017)
- NOTE Fragrances: 30% off any purchase with code IPSY30 (through 02/28/2017, US only)
- There is no Ipsy-specific Pacifica code, but the packaging on my Pacifica blush has a 20% off code at Ulta.com for any Pacifica products. The code is Pacifica2017 and it is valid from 2/1/2017–3/1/2017. I hesitated to post it, since I have only had one experience with Ulta.com, and it was an unmitigated disaster, but hey ho, here it is for anyone who actually has had success with them.
- Pretty Woman: 30% off any purchase with code IPSY30 (through 02/28/2017, US only)
- Trust Fund Beauty: 35% off any purchase with code IPSYGLAM35 (through 02/28/2017)
Here are some more detailed product shots: