I canceled my Ipsy (referral link) subscription back in July 2015, partly due to the bags getting a bit mediocre and partly because the Canadian dollar had dropped and I didn’t feel the US$14.95 bag—that’s including the $4.95 Canadian shipping fee—was worth it any longer.
However, I recently checked out a couple recent Ipsy bags (like Jordan Leigh’s) and the bug bit me again! I’d also unsubscribed from Topbox so I felt I had a little more room for another box. In addition, the Canadian dollar has since bounced back to nearly 80¢! It’s a conspiracy!
So, I subscribed back to Ipsy and almost immediately received my April bag, which came filled with a surprisingly nice variety of items.
What I Received
- L.A.B.² (Live and Breathe Beauty) Just Blending In Brush (full size / USD$6.99)
- OFRA Eyeshadow Refill in Bohemian (0.07 oz full size / USD$12)
- Probelle Nail Lacquer in In or Out (15 mL full size / USD$6 )
- SKIN&CO Roma Truffle Therapy Serum (5 mL mini / 30 mL full size USD$70)
- tarte LipSurgence™ Lip Crème in Wonder (1.5g mini / 3g full size CAD$29)
- Ipsy makeup bag
Ipsy Coupon Codes
- Ofra: 40% off any purchase with code IPSYOFRA
- Probelle: 30% off any $20+ purchase with code IPSY30
- SKIN&CO Roma: 15% off any Truffle Therapy products with code TRUF2IPSY
- tarte: 20% off any purchase with code IPSYAPR
There were a couple other products I would have preferred, like any other nail polish since Ipsy had already sent me a Probelle polish, and all the other brands were ones I’d never tried before! Other Ipsters received polishes from Pretty Woman, SOPHi, or Adesse NY, which I’d have liked to try. There was also a nail appliqué product from Incoco—I’m not into those, but it’s nice that there seem to be more nail products available via Ipsy! Some skincare and makeup products from REN, TULA, and Trust Fund Beauty would have been fun to try, as well.
Overall, though, I am pretty pleased with what I got and am really looking forward to trying everything, especially the tarte Lip Crème and the OFRA eyeshadow pan, which I hope will fit into a MAC palette.
Here are some more detailed shots:
Read More »