My second Birchbox (Canada) arrived today, and this month it was curated by Emily Schuman of Cupcakes & Cashmere. The box isn’t as pretty as last month’s from Rifle Paper Co., but really, it’s just a cardboard box.
I’m just going to come out and say right now that I’m canceling my Birchbox subscription after just two boxes. I feel like if the cost was CA$10–12, and not CA$15, I might hang onto it for another month or two. But for $15, I’d rather buy myself one item (perhaps a MAC eyeshadow pan, or an Essie nail polish plus change) that I actually want rather than get five random items, one of which I might like, and the rest of which will get shoved into that hotel toiletries box in the linen closet.
Here is what I got this month:
- geometric print paper box
- BeeKind Body Lotion (Mini)
- Gilchrist & Soames Spa Therapy Body Wash (Mini)
- LAQA & Co. Lip Lube Pencil in Menotaur (Mini)
- Number 4 Non-Aerosol Hairspray (Mini)
- Raw Spirit Desert Blush Eau de Parfum (Sample)
Read on for photos of everything, plus a brief comment on the LAQA lippie, which I’m wearing right now!