Firstly, I want to note that I recently discovered Ipsy offers a 12-month subscription for the cost of 11 months (so US$110 for a year, rather than $120 if you pay month-to-month). Well, I’ve been paying month-to-month this whole time! So I sent an email to Ipsy support and they gladly switched me over to the discounted year-long sub. Woohoo! So, if you’re a diehard Ipsy subscriber who never considers cancelling, hit ’em up for your 1-month discount!
Onto the loot! My December Ipsy Glam Bag finally contains a makeup brush! I had actually gotten a bit annoyed with the flimsy brushes I was getting, so I downrated most of them—then for a good stretch, Ipsy failed to send me any brushes at all. Lisa Frank, SLMissGlam, and Luxie brushes came and went and never found their way into my Glam Bag.
Finally, this month, I got another Luxie brush. It’s a pretty usable eyeshadow brush, and at least now I have the opportunity to rate it better so that I’m hopefully back in the pool for brushes.
Once again, however, I didn’t get the one nail polish they had on offer (a blue shimmer from Lottie London). I wonder how many Ipsters got that polish and are bitching about receiving nail polish?!
Ipsy December 2017 Glam Bag: “Snow Globe”
What I Received
- Luxie Precision Shader Onyx Brush (239) (full size; ~US$24.26)
- MAC In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash (1 g sample; 13 mL for US$23)
- NIP+FAB Dragon’s Blood Fix Plumping Serum (20 mL sample; 50 mL for US$19.95)
- Pixi by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral Duo in Orchid Ornament (1.5 g 2-color duo; full size 5.76 g 6-color palette for US$12)
- TonyMoly The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream (10 mL sample; 60 mL for US$25)
- Ipsy makeup bag
Glam Bag Cost
$10 + $4.99 (shipping to Canada) = US$14.99
Total Bag Value
$24.26 + $1.77 + $7.98 + $3.13 + $4.17
The Luxie brush obviously provides the bulk of my bag’s value this month. It seems to be a Luxie × Ipsy edition, so I can’t find an exact MSRP, but the Onyx brushes seem to run approximately 35% more expensive than the Rose Gold line.
fivezero’s Ipsy December 2017 Glam Bag
Ipsy Coupon Codes
None of the brands I received have a code with Ipsy at the moment, so here are a few other good ones:
- SLMissGlam: 30% off any purchase with code SLBLUEIPSY (through 12/31/2017, US & CA only)
- Seraphine Botanicals: 25% off any purchase with code IPSY25 (through 01/31/2018, US & CA only)
- trèStiQue: 30% off any $30+ purchase with code IPSYWINTER17 (through 12/31/2017, US & CA only)
Here are some more detailed product shots:
Read More »