Last month (yes, before I decided on a low-buy for the fall!), after unsubscribing from Ipsy and Birchbox, I decided to try out another subscription box with my newly released funds. I went for Luxe Box, which is a seasonal box that costs $26 per quarter, though you can get a slight discount for signing up for more boxes at a time.
I signed up with the semi-annual option: two boxes for $25 each. The annual option gives you four boxes for $24 each. (At the moment, I cannot see the semi-annual option on their website, just the quarterly and annual options.) Shipping is included, at least for the Canadian options. It appears they do ship to the US and other countries, but their website makes it a bit difficult for me to find out details.
You receive 7–8 trial-sized items in each curated Luxe Box. However, I was pleased to see that I actually received three full-sized items in my Fall box. Some time last month, they also offered their subscribers a “Beauty Surprise” for an additional $10. I took the plunge and received a lipstick as my Beauty Surprise.
My only complaint so far with Luxe Box is that their website is very underdeveloped. Even when logged into my account, there are no details about my box, what I have the possibility of receiving, no social aspect and no reviews. You can buy a few boxes, subscribe, see your account details, and that’s about it. There are dead links here and there, as well. I feel that they really need to work on the site, as it’s very lacking and uninspired compared with the Ipsy and Birchbox sites. It looks nice enough, but functionally, it doesn’t inspire confidence, which is part of the reason why it took me so long to actually subscribe to it. Only others’ positive reviews made me take the plunge!
As a side note, I only just discovered that earlier this year, Luxe Box merged with Topbox (which is the only other subscription service I use at the moment).
From Canadian Subscription Box Addict:
As of April 15th, 2015 Luxe Box has merged its operations with Topbox. Going forward Topbox will run both Luxe Box and Topbox business and operations. Both services will continue to operate under established names, and Luxe Box will continue to maintain its unique brand identity.
Huh. I guess I’ll see if the content of the two boxes starts overlapping!
What I Received
All prices in C$, unless otherwise noted.
- (be) DELECTABLE by CAKE BEAUTY Ultra Nourishing Hand Cream in Coconut & Cream (60 mL, travel size) [MSRP $7, or $12 for 118 mL]
- CIATÉ Paint Pots in Brocade Parade (13.5 mL, full size) [MSRP $15]
- LANCÔME Visionnaire Advanced Multi-Correcting Cream (15 mL, sample) [MSRP $92 for 50 mL]
- MEDUSA’S MAKE-UP Lip Gloss in Loud Mouth (6 mL, full size) [MSRP US$9]
- pūr~lisse pūr~delicate Gentle Soy Milk Cleanser & Makeup Remover (30 mL, sample) [MSRP $36 for 165 mL]
- SHU UEMURA Essence Absolue Nourishing Protective Oil (30 mL, sample) [MSRP $69 for 150 mL]
- YVES ROCHER Grand Rouge Lipstick in Bordeaux (34) (3.7 g, full size) [MSRP $19, though the price has recently jumped to $20]
$10 Beauty Surprise
- LIPPY GIRL Vegocentric Lipstick in Boss Lady (5 g, full size) [MSRP $23]
Random Additional Item
- TRESEMMÉ Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray (45 mL, sample) [MSRP CA$5.99 for 200 mL]
Here are some additional photos of all the items:
Read More »